Sunday, March 22, 2009

Australian GP - Williams Toyota - Preview

Williams Toyota head to Melbourne looking to show well with the new FW31 package. 2008 was a tough season for the Grove-based squad although Nico Rosberg did finish third in the attrition-hit season opening Australian Grand Prix last year.

The team will have been boosted by Kazuki Nakajima's pace in the final pre-season test session where the Japanese racer was fastest of the nine drivers to take part.

Nico Rosberg
"I'm really looking forward to getting out onto the Albert Park track. I had a great race in Melbourne in 2008 and I am determined that we will have a similarly strong start to this season. In character, it’s a very challenging semi-street circuit which usually suits our car well.”

“Winter testing has been good, but I think we are not where we want to be just yet. However, the potential for development is huge because of the new rules, so we will be looking to making strong progress throughout the year to get closer to the podium.”

“I think the regs are all good. It is very likely that they will improve overtaking and ramp up the excitement in the sport for everybody’s benefit.”

Kazuki Nakajima
“What can I tell you, I love Australia. I am doing what I did last year, dropping in on Sydney for a few days and I expect to do some good training there – it’s a great sports nation.”

“We have a good car, one that will allow us to compete, that’s certain, but where it will take us this year – well, that is part of the excitement to see how it all turns out.”

"The competition is closer, that’s for sure. Whether we will get the better overtaking we are all hoping for, really it will be an improvement, but by how much we will only know after 58 laps of Albert Park next Sunday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment