Saturday, March 28, 2009

Toro Rosso Ferrari - Australian GP - Qualifying

With very little in the way of pre-season testing under their belts, Sebastien Buemi and Sebastien Bourdais qualified 16th and 20th respectively for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

For Buemi, 16th position was a solid result, especially as the Swiss rookie was four-tenths up on his more experienced team-mate.
Sebastien Buemi
“I have to say I found the pace at which qualifying happens rather quick! You go out, you come back, you change tyres, you go out again. You need to stay relaxed. I think we did quite a good job with what we had and missed out on Q2 by half a tenth."

"I am quite happy, as these days have been something of a test session for us and we improved the car quite a lot from yesterday morning through to now. I have taken confidence from what I have done so far and feel I am going to be capable of doing this job, even if I am quite young."

"The visibility in the sunshine was a bit better than yesterday, but we have to get used to it.”
Sebastien Bourdais
“It was closer than expected to getting to Q2 from a team point of view as Seb just missed out on 15th place to the McLaren by a fraction. My car wasn’t too bad: on my second run I made a slight mistake and on my third, unfortunately my out lap was too slow and I did not get the tyres up to temperature. But it’s encouraging, as the Red Bull car is going well and we are not as far off the pace as I had expected."

"We have made good progress in terms of understanding the car. Starting last, it will be a tough race, but I will attack as much as I can and hope the race is as eventful as last year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment