Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FOTA to discuss Brawn's 30m on May 6

The Formula One Teams' Association meeting that could cost the Brawn team up to 30 million Euros has been scheduled for May 6th, the week of the Spanish Grand Prix.

Furious about the diffuser saga, Flavio Briatore - FOTA's commercial chief - will propose at the meeting that Brawn GP not receive any of the sport's TV or travel revenue for at least three years.

"I don't want to be Robin Hood," the Spanish press quotes the Renault boss as saying, "but I do not have money in my budget for a diffuser and I cannot finish the season a second behind Brawn.”

"I believe the distribution of the money must be reviewed," Briatore said.

Briatore also said in Shanghai last weekend that he will move to oust Ross Brawn as head of FOTA's technical committee.

The German news agency SID reports that 70 percent of the teams would have to agree that money due to the Honda team in 2009 be paid to the new Brawn guise.

Ross Brawn was reluctant to comment.

"I'm not going to respond. It's a shame that he brings those things into the public arena as they're FOTA business, but that's his style. I'd rather not talk about it," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment