Monday, April 6, 2009

Hamilton - The worst conditions ever

Lewis Hamilton said the conditions at the Malaysian Grand Prix were the most dangerous he had ever raced in.

The Sepang race had to be stopped after 32 laps when the torrential rain made it impossible for drivers to keep their cars under control.

The drivers even struggled to keep up with the safety car and the stewards eventually decided to red-flag the race.

"When the rain came down, it was impossible to drive. I was aquaplaning everywhere - these were the most dangerous conditions I've ever raced in," said Hamilton, who went on to finish in seventh.

"All I could do was try and keep the car on the track. It was the correct decision to stop the race because it was just too dangerous for everyone. I love it when it rains, but this was just too much."

McLaren team-mate Heikki Kovalainen's day ended after less than a lap, the Finn losing control of his car right after the start.

"My start was okay," said Kovalainen. "I was taking it quite carefully and was trying to slot in behind Lewis, then I just lost the rear and spun out. It was my mistake. Game over."

1 comment:

  1. Hey , have you try to play with slot cars .I bought my slot car set from http://www.slotmotors.com they are cheap

    ReplyDelete