Friday, April 24, 2009

Mike Gascoyne is looking F1 return with Ferrari

Mike Gascoyne is looking to return to Formula One and told the Italian media that Ferrari would certainly be of interest.

Formerly perhaps the highest paid engineer in the sport, the 46-year-old Briton was ousted by Force India at the end of last season.

He acted as an expert pundit for Britain's TV coverage of the recent Chinese Grand Prix, and at the same time is believed to have spoken with teams about his desire to return to F1.

"I'm not looking for a fixed role," Gascoyne told Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport, "but I could carry out a consultant's role in the aero field, in the wind tunnel."

He said his talents and working method would gel with Ferrari.

"Ferrari would enrich my career, I live between Switzerland and Germany with my girlfriend Silvia so to go to Maranello wouldn't be a problem," said Gascoyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment