Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vettel is riding high

Sebastian Vettel is riding high following his superb pole position and race win last weekend in Shanghai. Today in qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix the Red Bull Renault racer qualified third behind the Toyota duo of Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock.

"I think it was a good session for us," the young German racer said. "I think we could see already in Q1 that it was very tight. It was not enough to do one run on the prime, so I think everybody had to put the option on. The whole field, we could see already this morning, is very close together. But to come back I think it was a smooth qualifying session for us, we did not have any problems."

"We have a very, very quick car," Vettel continued.

"In Q2 we only needed one run and we still managed to stay quickest, so that was very good. Even the circuit was improving. But I think in Q3 the two Toyotas today were just a bit too quick. I am looking forward to tomorrow though. I reckon they will pull in a bit earlier but it is a long race. Let’s see...”

No comments:

Post a Comment