Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Barrichello insist to drive for two or three more years

Rubens Barrichello does not accept that 2009 is his last chance to become world champion.

The veteran Brazilian readily acknowledges that his career hung in the balance last winter, as he waited for confirmation of the rescue of the former Honda team and to know if he would be Jenson Button's Brawn team-mate.

But even though after a record 275 Grand Prix he is a tantalising 12 points from the top of the drivers' championship, 36-year-old Barrichello refuses to admit that this year is his final real shot at the title.

"Who knows," he told Auto Motor und Sport, "perhaps I will drive for another two, three years.

"In my life I have always thought positively and I am convinced that this attitude is what put me where I am."

Button has already won three times in the Mercedes-powered BGP 001, but Barrichello said he does not feel psychologically defeated.

"Motor racing is not like tennis," he insisted. "It's not like you're in the third set having lost two (sets) 6:0. I know from the last three years that I can drive as fast as Jenson."

No comments:

Post a Comment