Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brendon Hartley as reserver driver for two Red Bull teams

As of next weekend's Spanish Grand Prix, Brendon Hartley will finally step into the role as reserve driver for the two Red Bull teams.

The New Zealand teenager was selected for the F1 role prior to the start of the 2009 season, but not immediately granted a mandatory Super License by the governing body FIA.

"I must thank Red Bull for all their support since 2005 and this new role is another step on the path to reaching my goal of being a Formula One driver," 19-year-old Hartley said.

"I know that with the new in-season testing ban, I'm not likely to get much cockpit time, but I will be part of the team and will learn a lot from that," he added.

Hartley will race in the Formula 3 Euro Series this year with Carlin Motorsport after finishing third in the British series in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment